LTT on relayfs
- Apply the relayfs patch to the kernel (see main relayfs page).
- Apply the preliminary pre-relayfs LTT patch to the kernel (see below.)
- Apply the LTT-on-relayfs conversion patch (see below.) [Note: in the
future both this patch and the previous one will be a single patch and will be
distributed as part of the LTT project.]
- Compile, choosing 'Y' for both the CONFIG_TRACE and CONFIG_RELAYFS
options. [Note: The relayfs shouldn't be configured as a module - trace.c
still implements the syscall, and it depends on relayfs - we plan on
getting rid of the syscall and allowing it to become a module again soon.]
- Apply the LTT user tool patch to the user toolset being used (see below.)
- Build and install user tools.
- Mount the relayfs filesystem.
- Run a trace.
Pure relayfs LTT patches for recent kernels (bz2):
Preliminary pre-relayfs LTT patches for recent kernels (bz2):
LTT-on-relayfs conversion patches (bz2):
User tool patches (bz2):
0.9.6pre2 - 2003/12/03